- Apple reported widespread outages Tuesday evening impacting services such as the App Store, Apple Store, iCloud, Apple Music, iTunes, and Apple TV.
- Users across the US, along with website connectivity monitor DownDetector, reported experiencing difficulties connecting to a variety of Apple services.
- “Users are experiencing a problem with this service. We are investigating and will update the status as more information becomes available,” Apple’s website said.
- This story is developing; check back for updates.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Many of Apple’s services experienced outages Tuesday evening, the company confirmed on its system status page.
“Users are experiencing a problem with this service. We are investigating and will update the status as more information becomes available,” the company said.
Apple said it has resolved some of the issues but did not reply to a request for comment on what caused the outage.
Here’s a list of the services that were impacted:
- App Store
- Apple Arcade
- Apple Books
- Apple Business Manager
- Apple Music
- Apple Music radio
- Apple School Manager
- Apple TV Channels
- Apple+ TV
- AppleCare in iOS
- Find My
- Game Center
- iCloud Account & Sign In
- iCloud Backup
- iCloud Calendar
- iCloud Contacts
- iCloud Mail
- iCloud Web Apps (iCloud.com)
- iTunes U
- iWork for iCloud
- Mac App Store
Apple on Tuesday suffered a sweeping services outage, with major platforms like the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Arcade, iCloud and others rendered inaccessible.
Trouble started at around 8 p.m. Eastern, according to Apple’s System Status webpage. As of this writing, some 25 services have been down for nearly two hours.
“Users are experiencing a problem with the App Store. We are investigating and will update the status as more information becomes available,” Apple said.
Currently, the App Store, Apple Arcade, Apple Books, Apple Business Manager, Apple Music, Apple School Manager, Apple TV+, Apple TV Channels, Apple Care in iOS, Find My, Game Center, iCloud Account and Sign-In, iCloud backup, iCloud Calendar, iCloud Contacts, iCloud Mail, iCloud.com, iTunes U, iWork for iCloud, the Mac App Store, News, Photos, Radio and Schoolwork are down. Apple resolved issues with Apple Card and Apple Cash, though the two services appear to be impacted by a second problem.
The company has not issued a statement on the matter and it is unclear what caused the widespread downtime.
Update 9:55 p.m. Eastern: Certain services including Find My, Game Center, iCloud and iWork were restored at 9:32 p.m. Eastern.