Amazon Prime Day 2020 has officially begun. Today, October14, you can find tons of deals from the online retailer on a wide variety of products, ranging from video games, movies, tabletop games, and much more. But if you’re big on Amazon’s varied ecosystem of electronics, you’ll be happy to know that many of their most popular devices have been marked down for the occasion.
With so many different deals available on Amazon’s plethora of devices, it can be a little overwhelming trying to find the best savings, so we’ve rounded up some of the best deals we’ve found so far. These deals cover a range of Amazon devices, including the retailer’s latest tablets, speakers, and Fire-enabled TVs. If you want to listen to music, there are cheap options available. If you’re looking to save on an Echo Show to help keep in touch with relatives, there are deals for you, as well.
If you’re curious about some of the biggest deals, check out our Prime Day 2020 hub. Plus, see our roundup guide to the very best game deals across all retailers, including Amazon, Target, Walmart, and more.
When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
Amazon; Gilbert Espinoza/Business Insider
Amazon Prime Day 2020 is the perfect time to buy and save on any Amazon device you might have your eye on. If that happens to be Amazon Fire TV, we’ve found huge deals on everything from the Fire TV Cube to a literal Fire TV.
Amazon’s Fire TV takes care of all your television needs, providing easy and hands-free access to all your favorite streaming services, TV shows, hit movies, and more. They’re among the many tech deals you can shop during the entirety of Prime Day 2020 from today through October 14.
Though the term Fire TV covers the wide range of options Amazon offers, there are two very distinct versions of Amazon Fire TV products and what they offer: Streaming media players and smart TVs. Here’s what each offer and how they work:
- Streaming media players: These include the Fire TV Stick and the Fire TV Cube, which work with your existing TV set-up and grant access to streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
- Smart TVs: Amazon’s smart Fire TVs are physical televisions that already have the Fire TV experience built-in.
Both are on sale during Prime Day, and we’ve rounded up all the best deals below. Many of these devices are also top picks in our buying guides and come highly recommended.
Fire TV Prime Day deals
Remember, you must be a Prime member in order to shop Fire TV deals on Prime Day.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them,
This story is part of , CNET’s guide on everything you need to know and how to make sure you get the best deal.
Get ready, online shoppers.starts tomorrow! The two-day sales event kicks off at midnight on Tuesday, Oct. 13, which means you’re about to see some of the best prices ever on certain Amazon Fire tablets. When the official big day arrives, the Fire HD 10, Amazon’s best tablet, will drop down to just $80 ($70 off), the lowest price we’ve seen for it.
Amazon also announced that theof its entry-level 7-inch Fire will cost $60, which is $40 off its list price of $100. The Fire Kids Edition includes a case and a year of , a $36 value.
It’s not clear whether theor the will also be on sale, but we’ll keep an eye on their prices since Amazon often slips previously unannounced deals on its devices into Prime Day.
This is the Goldilocks in Amazon’s line and our current CNET Editors’ Choice in the category. Here are some things we love about the Kindle Paperwhite:
- It’s 10% thinner and lighter than the previous version.
- It has a “flush-front” design with a back made of a softer, grippy material instead of hard plastic.
- It’s a fully waterproof Kindle, like the high-end Kindle Oasis, and has a plastic screen that Amazon says is shatter- and scratch-resistant.
- It has built-in Bluetooth, so you can download Amazon Audible audiobooks and listen to them with wireless headphones.
Note that Amazon could update the Kindle Paperwhite in 2020 (it was released in Nov. 2018). If and when that happens, it’s unclear how much of an upgrade
Since the Henry Ruggs has missed the last two games for the Las Vegas Raiders due to injury, the offense hasn’t looked as dynamic. He finally made his return against the Kansas City Chiefs and it didn’t take long for him to make his impact known. One the Raiders’ first drive, he caught a wild 46-yard bomb from Derek Carr.
Henry Ruggs III with an absurd highlight-reel catch 😳
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) October 11, 2020
Everybody talks about Ruggs’ speed but he’s also got some great hands. The Raiders have needed a consistent number one wide receiver and Ruggs will be that guy if he can keep making circus catches. He’s already proving to be a dynamic playmaker for the silver and black.
ALL the latest Las Vegas Raiders news straight to your inbox! Join the Heavy on Raiders newsletter here!
Internet Goes Wild Over Catch
Due to his injury, Ruggs hasn’t had much of a chance to make big plays yet. He’s been outshined by the other wide receivers in the 2020 draft class. However, he made it very clear to the world that he’s just as good as those other guys. The internet was stunned by Ruggs’ crazy catch.
— Las Vegas Raiders (@Raiders) October 11, 2020
and they said Henry Ruggs could only run fast 🧐
— PFF (@PFF) October 11, 2020
Ruggs just Mossed the defender 😲pic.twitter.com/tZK32AGZbI
— Raiders on NBCS (@NBCSRaiders) October 11, 2020
Holy shit what a catch by Ruggs 😳
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) October 11, 2020
Oh my god Ruggs
— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) October 11, 2020
Derek Carr Happy to Have Ruggs Back
There’s probably nobody
- You can update your Amazon Fire Stick by navigating to your device’s Settings menu and selecting “My Fire TV.”
- In the “About” section of “My Fire TV,” you can check to see if there are any updates available for your Fire Stick.
- Keeping your Amazon Fire Stick up to date will ensure that it continues running smoothly with all the latest features.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Similar to Apple TV, the Amazon Fire Stick allows users to watch their favorite content on apps like Netflix and HBO Go, watch YouTube videos, and, uniquely, shop on Amazon.
Like any internet-abled product released nowadays, the Fire Stick can be updated regularly, implementing new features and ensuring the device runs efficiently.
Here’s how to manually update your Amazon Fire Stick.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Amazon Fire Stick 4K (From $49.99 at Best Buy)
How to update your Amazon Fire Stick
1. Plug your Amazon Fire Stick into your television and a power source. Then, select the correct input on your TV so that your Fire Stick appears.
2. After your Amazon Fire Stick is connected, scroll up two times using your remote until your cursor highlights the “Home” tab.
3. Then, scroll to the right and click “Settings.”
4. In “Settings,” scroll to the right and click on the “My Fire TV” tab.
5. In “My Fire TV” click on “About.” In “About” scroll down and select “Check for Updates” to see if your device is up to date. If you see “Install Update” that means