- Apple’s iPhone 12 will not come with wired headphones in the box, nor will it come with a wall charger.
- It will come with a USB C to Lightning cable, however.
- The company made the announcement when unveiling its iPhone 12 lineup on Tuesday, and attributed the removal to environmental concerns.
- The omission comes as Apple’s wireless AirPods have exploded in popularity in recent years, and the company moves to make its packaging more sustainable.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Apple will no longer include its wired EarPod headphones in the box with its new iPhones, starting with the iPhone 12.
The company is also removing the wall charger from the iPhone’s box. Apple will include a USB-C to Lightning cable, however, which can be plugged into a computer or adapter for charging.
Apple executive Lisa Jackson announced the change Tuesday afternoon after announcing its new smartphone lineup. “It’s like removing 450,000 cars from the road per year,” she said.
The move will allow Apple to create smaller, more sustainable iPhone packaging.
It’s a major change from Apple’s history of including wired headphones with its wireless devices, going back to the iPod and continuing through to 2019’s iPhone 11. Even when Apple dropped the headphone jack from its flagship phones in 2016, the company continued including a version of its wired EarPods in the box with a lightning plug.
Those headphones won’t come in the box with this year’s iPhone, nor will a wall charger.
The move comes as Apple’s AirPods wireless earbuds have grown in popularity, becoming an increasingly critical part of the company’s product lineup. Apple’s wearables, home, and accessories category, which includes AirPods and other products like the Apple Watch, has become a highlight in Apple’s earnings reports during quarters in which iPhone sales have
Amazon Prime Day is finally here, with savings available on everything from phones to fashion. Samsung is obviously one of the go-to manufacturers for all your favorite electronics, and there’s a whole slew of Samsung deals from Amazon over the next 48 hours. We’ve picked out the best of them early so that you can hopefully beat the rush.
It’s worth noting that not everything is going on sale at the same time — some Samsung deals may only launching on day two of Prime Day. We’ll keep this page updated, so check back regularly to ensure you know what’s on offer.
Samsung Smartphone deals
Some of the best Samsung deals for Prime Day are on the phones we know and love and the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is a good example. While the Galaxy S20 and the S20 Plus have seen significant discounts at times since the release of the range, the Ultra has tended to buck the trend and held at or around it’s eye-watering $1,400 price tag. However, it’s now on offer for $1,050 ($350 off).
Hit the button below to check out the deal.
The recently released Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra are also seeing price drops. The Note 20 is available for $763.00, and the Note 20 Ultra 5G is down to $1,049.99 (25% off).
More Samsung smartphone deals
These two offers are just the tip of the iceberg this Prime Day. Check out more Samsung smartphone deals below:
See also: The best phone deals for Prime Day
Audio and wearable deals
There are plenty of savings to be had on Samsung accessories, including smartwatches and earbuds. The standout offer is on the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. The fantastic display and rotating bezel of this smartwatch is a sight to behold, and the
- Audio company Devialet is branching out from high-end speakers and launching earbuds to rival Apple’s AirPods Pro.
- Devialet’s Gemini wireless earbuds cost $299 in the US and will be available to pre-order from October 10.
- CEO Franck Lebouchard talked up Gemini’s active noise cancellation and said the earbuds had been in the works for two years.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
High-end speaker company Devialet is taking on Apple with its first pair of wireless earbuds, the £279/$299 Devialet Gemini.
Devialet is best-known for making pricey speakers targeted at audiophiles, winning plaudits for its classic, $2,000 Phantom speakers. The company’s backers include Chinese manufacturing giant Foxconn, which produces the iPhone, as well as Jay-Z’s Roc Nation.
This is the first time the company is venturing into headphones, with an eye to a broader audience.
The Devialet Gemini earbuds are about $50 pricier than Apple’s AirPods Pro, which come in at £249/$249.
Devialet says Gemini’s features will include:
- Devialet’s high-quality audio engineering
- 8 hours of battery life in each charge, or six with active noise cancellation enabled
- Dust and water resistance
- Bluetooth support
- A charge case, with replaceable battery, and wireless Qi charging or via USB-C
- Active noise cancellation comes with “transparency” mode that allows you to hear more background noise
The earbuds will be available to pre-order online from October 10. They’ll be available to buy directly in the US from partners like Best Buy and Amazon from November 25. According to Devialet’s site, the company isn’t committing to a shipping time, only guaranteeing it will ship by or before December 15 or else issue a refund. In the UK, Devialet Gemini will also be available through retailers such as Harrods and Selfridges.
Another feature is