When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
- Apple’s latest MacBook Air that launched in March 2020 is down $150, with prices starting at $850 for Amazon Prime Day 2020.
- You get the full $150 discount on the two available models at checkout.
- The base 256GB model with a dual-core processor typically retails for $1,000, and the 512GB model with a faster quad-core processor usually goes for $1,300.
- Getting $150 off on a MacBook Air is a good deal by Apple device standards, and it’s the best we’ve seen for these laptops on Amazon so far.
- The MacBook Air is an ultra-slim and portable laptop that’s also the most affordable in Apple’s laptop lineup, and it’s the best MacBook for the vast majority of people who need laptops.
Apple’s latest MacBook Air that launched in March 2020 is $150 off for an early Amazon Prime Day 2020 treat. This discount is a good deal by Apple device standards.
That brings the typical $1,000 price of the base MacBook Air with 256GB of storage, 8GB of RAM, and a 10th-gen Intel Core i3 dual-core processor down to $850.
The pricier model with a 10th-gen Intel Core i5 quad-core processor, 512GB of storage, and 8GB of RAM is also getting a $150 discount, bringing its usual $1,300 price down to $1,150. These are the best prices we’ve seen for Apple’s 2020 MacBook Air.
The Core i3 model is incredibly affordable for an Apple laptop, and it’ll work just fine for the majority of people who mostly use a web browser for light and basic tasks. Still, the base MacBook Air’s Core i3’s dual-core chip is under-powered by today’s standards, especially for a laptop that costs more than $800 with a deal.
If it were me, I’d strongly consider the pricier MacBook Air model with the Core i5 for its extra power and potential longevity. That’s because the Core i5 chip has four cores that make it faster now and for the coming years, and it gives you some wiggle room for more power-intensive tasks and generally faster operation.
Check out our review for the 2020 MacBook Air and our buying guide to the best MacBooks for more advice. We also expect to see many more great tech deals and laptop sales this Prime Day, so be sure to follow us for more deals.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.